Education and business are changing more profoundly and rapidly than ever. Those who adapt, innovate and experiment are increasing their chances to develop, lead and dominate in the competitive and globalized education market.
ADRIES is designed as an annual conference for school owners and managers, teachers and teacher trainers, education researchers, developers and innovators, technology experts, as well as other professionals in the education industry. It is the first conference of its kind in the region.
The conference is divided into two sections:
- ADRIES Business is designed for decision makers and school management staff, with a selection of speakers and topics focusing on school business growth and development.
- ADRIES Education is designed for teachers and teacher trainers, with speakers covering important topics in areas of methodology, inclusion, problem solving, innovative learning environments and similar.
The conference is organized by a consortium of companies from Split, Croatia:
- Amber IT Solutions is an innovative and fast growing IT start-up that focuses on education management innovation and technology. Amber IT Solutions is also a creator of Amber School Manager, a unique and innovative online platform for integrating all business processes within an educational institution.
- Jantar ltd. is the largest language school in the region, an institute for adult education, a pioneer in software development courses for kids, and an authorized Cambridge Assessment English exam centre, Jantar successfully completed several EU projects and Erasmus grants, received the best regional small business award in 2015, and its courses carry the Croatian quality label awarded by the Croatian Chamber of Commerce.
- Eupolis grupa Ltd. is a Croatian consulting, innovation and development company. It specializes in developing integrated services for education institutions based on a combination of participative strategic and action planning, project and innovation pipelining, innovative fund-raising, human resource development, training and mentoring, social innovation and social enterprising.
Split is the largest coastal city in Croatia, situated in the Dalmatia region on the Adriatic coast. With more than half a million tourists annually and 15 kilometres of beaches with crystal clear sea, Split is the largest tourist centre in the region.
The historical centre, built by the Roman emperor Diocletian in 305 AD, is now a UNESCO Heritage site. With its rich cultural and gastronomic history, and the swimming season lasting from May until the end of October, Split attracts visitors from all over the world throughout the year.
Registration and Fees
Participation fee is 60 EUR per person for early bird registrations, and 80 EUR per person after September 1, 2018.
All participants must register online and pay the participation fee.
Payments via bank transfer
Please make all bank transfer payments to:
A.B. Šimića 28
Please e-mail payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cash payments can be made at the registration desk prior to the beginning of the conference.
If you need a VAT/Company invoice for your payment, please e-mail email@example.com along with the company information and proof of payment.
Arrival and Departure information
Conference program begins on Friday, October 12 at 4pm and finishes on Sunday, October 14 at 1pm.
You should plan your arrival and departure accordingly.
Arrival by plane
Split airport code is SPU. You should have no problems finding flights from any major cities at this time of the year. Most places will still offer direct flights to Split in October. Split Airport offers shuttle bus service to city center every 30 minutes for 30 HRK (approximately 4 EUR). We do not recommend using local taxi service as it is quite expensive. Instead, you can use Uber which offers fair taxi rates throughout Split area.
Arrival by bus or train
Split bus and railroad station are both located in the city center. You can use Uber or local bus lines to get around Split.
Arrival by car
Croatian freeway A1 is a part of the European route E65 and leads directly to Split.
Radisson Blu Resort, Trstenik 19, Split
The Radisson Blu Resort is surrounded by beaches, and located 3 kilometres from the city centre. In addition to the many facilities available to hotel guests, it also features well-equipped facilities for meetings & events.
Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort
Accommodation for all participants is available at the Radisson Blue Resort at special prices, listed below:
Room type: Deluxe rooms
Single Deluxe room rate: 120 EUR
Double Deluxe room rate: 140 EUR
Includes: Super Buffet Breakfast, Free wireless internet, complimentary access to the Radisson Blu Spa
ADRIES participants can complete booking at special rates using the following link:
There are many other accommodation options in Split, including both hotels and private accommodation.
Feel free to find accommodation options on your own, or contact Josip Sobin at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with reservations not associated with the Radisson Blu Resort.